ReproTech specializes in long-term cryostorage of human reproductive tissues (embryos, oocytes, semen, testicular/ovarian tissues). Here we answer commonly asked questions about shipping and storing these tissues with ReproTech.
Transferring Specimens to ReproTech
How does ReproTech ensure the integrity of its shipping tanks?
- Our tanks are used for five years and then disposed of, regardless of hold time.
- They’re validated annually and removed from the fleet if they don’t maintain nitrogen hold time requirements.
- Tanks are protected with a liquid nitrogen fill while onsite at ReproTech – doing so reduces stress on the tanks by avoiding temperature changes.
How does ReproTech protect my reproductive tissues in transit?
- Our “dry shipper” tank maintains an optimal temperature, preserving specimens during transit.
- FDA-approved Cryoguard thermal indicators installed on all cryotanks verify the correct temperature during shipment.
- Each mushroom shipper has a proprietary lock.
- Custom Secure Tight seals, with serial numbers, are on the outside container and the shipping tank lid.
Who is transporting my specimens from ReproTech?
- For non-local shipments, we use UPS Premier Healthcare service for specimen shipments. Safety specifications of this service include:
- UPS Premier provides priority handling of our shipments.
- They have enhanced sensor-based visibility while in transit.
- Live 24/7 location monitoring.
- Professionals are readily available for specimen recovery in case of rare transfer interruption.
- Local courier services deliver within the metro area of a ReproTech facility. Pricing is dependent on the courier company and distance to the clinic. You can call or email us for a quote.
Storing with ReproTech
How do I arrange with my clinic to transfer and store my reproductive tissues at ReproTech?
- Complete ReproTech forms to open an account and authorize the transfer to one of our facilities.
- Provide infectious disease test results for HIV 1 & 2 (AIDS), Hepatitis B, and C. These tests are often done at your fertility clinic.
- Prepay fees for the transfer and storage. Pay by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- ReproTech will contact your clinic to arrange for the transfer.
- We recommend splitting specimens stored in more than one straw/vial between two shipping tanks; this adds a layer of safety.
- We offer Specimen Shipping Liability Protection at an additional cost.
Which ReproTech site will cryostore my reproductive tissues?
We provide regional storage for our partner clinics with five sites strategically located across the U.S. (NV, TX, MN, FL, CT). For example, if you live in Washington, your specimens would come to our ReproTech Nevada location. You can reside in a different state than one of our storage sites to store with us. If you move and must choose a different fertility clinic to continue treatment, you’d contact ReproTech for further assistance. Find out where your regional facility is located.